Helpful SEM & SEO Links
SEO Resources and Tools
- Google Webmaster Tools is a free set of tools to configure and double check your site is seen in the best way by Google.
- Bing Webmaster Tools is a free set of tools to configure and double check your site is seen in the best way by Bing. Now with Link Disavow feature to protect yourself from bad links.
- Google Insights for Search is a free search tool to assist researching related topics and keywords for a given search.
- Google Search-Based Keyword + Bid Suggestions is a free tool to assist generating keywords based on actual Google search queries.
- SEO Book Keyword List Compiler is a free tool that compiles keyword phrase possibilities from separate lists you plug in.(ex: 1, 2 & a, b, c = 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c...)
- PPC Keyword Wrapper is a free tool that saves you time by pasting in a list of keywords and it spits out the same words wrapped in brackets and quotations marks.
- Google Traffic Value Estimator is a free tool that estimates the value of keywords.
- Microsoft Keyword Impression Forecastor is a free tool that forecasts the impression count and predicts demographic distributions of keywords. note: many phrases I tested did not produce a result... it is a very selective/finicky tool.
SEO Testing Resources
- Google Adwords Search Rank Previewer is a free tool for checking your Adwords PPC ad live without counting as an impression and lowering your CTR.
- Google Search Operator & here are 2 Guides for advanced searches in Google.
- Google Page Speed analyzes your website speed and gives suggestions on improving the speed. You can check desktop & mobile versions of your website.
- Google Analytics URL Builder is a tool to tag then track advertisement from email campaigns, facebook campaigns, and even print campaigns. Track where your marketing efforts are working or not.
SEO Learning Resources
- Google Webmaster Central Blog
- Google SEO Starter Guide (pdf)
- Bing Webmaster Center
- Search Engine Land
- Yahoo's Style Guide is an online resource for writing good copy/text for the web so that it is SEO friendly and also very readable and likable to your online audience-this will likely increase your conversions. Good copy should not be overlooked! Like Google states, "Content Is King".
- Learn Google Adwords.